Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Living My Faith!

Faith is a beautiful gift from God. Our faith nourishes and sustains us, in both the good and bad times. Each of us needs to do our part to keep our faith alive and fresh. It interests me to listen to peoples comments about living the faith. Some will say, "I wish my faith was as strong as this person's or that person's." Well, it can be, all you have to do is live the faith that God gave you and that was instilled in you and do what you need to do to make your faith grow. People talk about what they see in others and wish they had it. I believe they do and they can. We need to take advantage of the opportunities that are placed before us. One of the comments I hear on occasion is about adult or faith formation. "I wish my parish had something that will help me live my faith and give my faith new life." So I keep a mental picture of the person that said that and when the formation session is scheduled and held, they usually are not there. It's like I said in a recent homily, "God gives us the grace, the tools, and the resources to live our lives, our faith here on earth, and we need to use them." Living our faith takes work. We need to approach the sacraments when they are administered because that is a very special encounter with Christ. We need to pray each day and probably several times a day. Keep those communication lines with God open at all times. Take the time for reading the Sacred Scriptures and spiritual reading. Even spiritual direction is a wonderful avenue for people. God gives us what we need, we just need to use them and use them wisely. The faith you live, that I live is a gift and we need to accept that gift at all times. It is our responsibility to live our faith at all times and to take advantage of those opportunities that God and the Church gives to us. As we profess our faith each week, may we have the courage to live it and be an example to others. Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment