Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Prayerful Conversation!

I keep telling myself that I need to pray more! How many of us are in the same boat? Prayer is a great gift from God. It is open communication with our Heavenly Father and we need to plug in each day to the continuous conversation that is going on between the Father and the Son. Some will say that I don't feel like God is listening to me or my prayer was not answered as I would like. That is key because those responses are about us and not what God is doing in our lives and how He is answering our prayers. We have a beautiful example this weekend in our first reading from the first Book of Kings, 3:5, 7-12. God appears to Solomon in a dream and says to him, "Ask something of me and I will give it to you." Solomon realizes his situation, since he succeeded his father David as king. So this is Solomon's response, "Give your servant, therefore, an understanding heart to judge your people and to distinguish right from wrong. For who is able to govern this vast people of yours?" God was pleased with this response because Solomon was asking for something he truly wanted, not riches or a long life, but something to help him as he leads and governs God's people. God works miracles in our lives and we see what He does in our life and in the lives of others. Take the time each day, have that one-on-one with God, a prayer conversation. When it is all said and done, God truly knows what is best for all of us! Have a blessed weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment