Saturday, October 30, 2010

World Priest Day!

This weekend is the observance of World Priest Day or Priesthood Sunday. It is a time to thank our priests and to show our appreciation towards them. I thank God for calling me to the priesthood and for allowing me to serve His people in a special way. Of course, I am thankful for all priests as we strive to live this vocation that God has called us to. I always think of the priests who had a role in preparing me for my priestly vocation. I think of our seminarians and those who are discerning God's call in their lives. I ask you to pray for our priests, seminarians, and those discerning a call to priesthood or religious life. As you go to church this weekend, be sure and thank your priest for his vocation and service. That appreciation goes a long way! Have a blessed weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment