Sunday, October 17, 2010

Campaign Underway!

The Diocese of Salina is divided into Vicariates or specific geographic regions. The East Vicariate, where I am assigned and minister to, is in the first wave of the Diocesan Capital Campaign. The purpose of the campaign is to raise money for four different areas: Priests Retirement, Seminarian Education, Catholic Charities, and Stewards of Hope (our new diocesan Pastoral Plan). The goal for this Capital Campaign is $15 million. This weekend, at all the Masses, the campaign video was shown. I did have one glitch at one of my parishes. The projector that I took was not linked up with my laptop computer so I had to talk about the campaign instead of show the video. One always has to be prepared for the unforeseen. There is also a prayer that was composed for this campaign and we started praying that after the Masses. Our wave will last until December 12, then the other vicariates will have their turn until July of 2011. Please pray for my parishes as we journey through this campaign and pray for the Diocese of Salina that these important needs will be met. Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment