Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Starting It All Anniversary

Whatever we do in life, there is always a beginning. I felt the call to be a priest when I was seven years old. Deciding on that vocation in life took a lot of prayer and reflection. That road to becoming a priest began on this day, October 26, 1996, 14 years, ago when I was ordained a transitional deacon. Even though my priesthood anniversary in May is a significant anniversary, I cannot forget where it all began as I entered the ordained life as a deacon. I remember that day because it was probably the first deacon class at Saint Meinrad School of Theology to be ordained in another place, other than the Archabbey Church. At that time, the Archabbey Church was undergoing extensive renovation so our class, at least the seven of us ordained on that day, were ordained in the Benedictine Sisters Chapel at Monastery of the Immaculate Conception. Despite the cloudy, rainy weather, it was still a beautiful day and I thank God for the blessings of that day. Priesthood ordination came on May 31, 1997, but it all began on October 26, 1996. Thank God for this vocation and for allowing me to celebrate this special time with an attitude of gratitude. Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment