Friday, October 29, 2010

Favorite Lines!

The other day, as was mentioned in the blog, I celebrated the anniversary of my Diaconate Ordination. From the Rite, there is a wonderful phrase that is used when the Book of the Gospels is presented to those being ordained. The bishop says, "Receive the Gospel of Christ, whose herald you now are. Believe what you read, teach what you believe, and practice what you teach." I thought that was such a great phrase that I printed it out and had it placed around my room in the seminary. A great reminder for us to always practice what we preach. Another line comes from the first reading that was proclaimed at Mass this morning. Saint Paul was writing to the Philippians and this is what he wrote, "I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work in you will continue to complete it until the day of Christ Jesus" (Phil. 1). All that we have are gifts from God, so we should always be thankful and grateful. We know that by God's grace He will bring all things to a completion and help us to always practice what we preach. Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment