Sunday, August 5, 2012

We Have It All!!!

As Catholics, we are truly blessed by the gifts that God has given to us. In a special way, we are thankful for the gift of the Eucharist because what we receive at Mass is truly the Body and Blood of Christ. This weekend we listen to John 6:24-35, which continues the bread of life discourses. Jesus says to the people and us, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst". In my homily, I am using a quote that was said to Saint Alphonsus Liguori, "It is a pleasure to hear your sermons. You forget yourself and preach Jesus Christ" (Loose-Leaf Lectionary, 2572). That is true, when we preach, we are to preach Jesus Christ. Like Saint John the Baptist said, "I must decrease so he can increase"! We experience that each week when we gather for Mass. As we receive Christ we become like Christ so we can share Christ with others. We truly have it all. Let us be thankful for the blessings that God gives us as we live our lives and our faith! Have a Blessed Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment