Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Saint Cajetan

Today, I am using the memorial of Saint Cajetan. His is a name that catches your attention. I also think fondly of a teacher that I had in the college seminary and even in theology when I took Spanish, Fr. Cajetan White, OSB. Father Cajetan passed away some years ago but I always think of him when this feast day comes around so I chose to use the formularies for Mass. As the Ordo says, "Cajetan, +1547; from Venice; co-founded (1524) with Gian Pietro Carafa (later Pope Paul IV) the Theatines (today the Congregation of Clerks Regular [C.R.]), who number about 200 religious; devoted to reform, prayer, and ministry, especially to the poor and the sick" (Ordo, 173). Another source said that Saint Cajetan was a man of prayer and a lover of neighbor. These were great qualities for this saintly priest and they can be our qualities as well. We need to be people of prayer and love our neighbor as ourself. May we work to grow in this beautiful gifts and be assured of the divine assistance that we need to live them to the fullest. Saint Cajetan, Pray for Us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment