Friday, August 3, 2012

A Summer Phenomenon

This morning I had to make a trip to see our local doctor. As I told him, "I must be the only person who could get a cold in 100 degree weather." It has been a little rough so I apologize for not being on the blog for a couple days. Thankfully the fever I had broke but the main issues are a terrible sore throat and nagging cough. One of the nurse's assured me that I was not the only one to be sick. Others have been coming through the local clinic with the same issues. She said it must be the dryness that we have been experiencing this summer. Thankfully, we did receive some moisture but we could use more and we keep praying for it. Even the year has been unique- a mild winter, with little or no snow and now a summer with hot and dry conditions. Let us keep in prayer those who are sick and those in need of our prayers. The healing ministry of the Church is a beautiful ministry that has been handed on to us by Jesus Christ. Let us pray that we can take care of ourselves so that we can be effective in taking care of others!!! Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment