Saturday, July 24, 2010

R & R

Sorry for being away from the blog for a couple of days but had the opportunity to take a couple days to get away from the regular routine. Preparing for a bigger vacation later this summer. One thing to remember is no matter what you are doing or where you are going, never take a vacation from God. Make the time each day to keep that contact with God in prayer. We need prayer in our lives. We need to connect each day with the continuous conversation that is going on between the Father and the Son. If you are going to be gone over a weekend make Mass an important part of your time away. That is why when you plan a vacation make sure you know where the available churches are and what time Mass will be. Even though we might need the break from our usual routine, we never need time away from God. In fact, we need God everyday of our lives. Someone asked me what I do when I travel. If I travel alone I make sure I know where the nearest Catholic Church is and make sure I take the time to pray, especially the Liturgy of the Hours or the Rosary. What is nice when I travel with a friend, especially a priest, we take a Mass kit with us and always pray together. Whether individually or as a family, take the time for R & R, but never forget God because through Him we live, move, and have our being. God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment