Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Brand New Year

For many places, the Church included, July 1 begins a new fiscal year. That means books have to be closed and reports written. In terms of the priesthood, many dioceses have July 1 as the official date for new priestly assignments to take effect. That was true for me one year ago. I made my way to the parishes of Washington County, Kansas on June 30, 2009, so I could begin my work on July 1. It is never an easy task to move into a new area, start meeting new people, and try to figure out how things operate. My main duties include 3 parishes and 1 school. It is definitely a lot of work for one person to do, but I have been blessed by the people who have come forward to help me as we all continue the mission of the church that has been entrusted to us. This is certainly a brand new year and I pray that God will continue to bring the good work that has begun to a joyful and blessed completion!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment