Monday, July 26, 2010

Power of Prayer!

This past weekend I told the story of when I was an associate pastor a number of years ago. I had gotten into the habit of bowing my head after I proclaimed the gospel and prayed that God will help me to preach and that the people would receive a good message. I tried to do this so people would not notice me. However, one young boy took notice and he asked me about it one Sunday as he was preparing to serve that Mass. I told him I bowed my head in prayer to preach a good homily. His response was, "How come God hasn't heard your prayer yet!" It was definitely a reality check but I did not give up. Instead, I persevered in prayer and kept being persistent. Prayer is a very powerful gift and it is one that we need to use each day of our lives. I have seen the power of prayer in peoples' lives and it is very moving. It is truly powerful when people say you were an answer to prayer. I take that very seriously and who am I to question God? We pray to keep those communication lines with God open. We know that God listens to our prayers and He answers them, maybe not as we would like, but always remember, God knows what is best for us. Take the time to pray each and everyday because it will do wonders in our lives and it is truly powerful! God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment