Monday, July 23, 2012

Being A Shepherd

The key word from this past weekend was "Shepherd"! The Twenty- third Psalm was the response, which gives all of us hope, "The Lord is my shepherd, there is nothing I shall want". In the gospel, Jesus invited the disciples to come away and get some rest after the work they had accomplished. However, when they got to the place, a crowd of people were waiting for them. When Jesus saw the crowd he was moved with pity for they were like sheep without a shepherd. We are called to follow the Good Shepherd, Jesus Christ, everyday. He invites us, as his disciples, to pick up our cross and follow him. There are those who have been called to be "Shepherds among us"! It is a very important calling. I thank God everyday for calling me to be a priest, but I realize I do not do it alone. I need God's grace to help me in all aspects of life and ministry. I also need the prayers and support of the people of God. As I told the people over the weekend, "Please pray for me"! I also asked them for their forgiveness because I know I am a sinner. That I have shortcomings, failures, and limitations! To have a heart of unconditional love and forgiveness is truly appreciated. I also asked for patience and understanding. Being a shepherd has challenges, but many blessings! Let us pray that God bless the shepherds among us and may we always be open to the voice of the Good Shepherd who knows his sheep and calls them by name! God Bless Our Journey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment