Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Vine & Branches!

When I was growing up the parish that we went to at the time had a monthly newsletter titled, "Vine and Branches." It was a way for parishioners to stay connected to their parish and see what was going on each month. Our Lord gives us the invitation in our gospel for today, John 15:1-8. Jesus says, "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower." "I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing." In all that we do in life, we need to stay connected to the vine. Jesus Christ gives us the grace to live our faith, our lives to the fullest. Like he said, without me you can do nothing. We need the Lord in our lives at all times. The gospel acclamation for this reading sums it up very well, "Remain in me, as I remain in you, says the Lord; whoever remains in me will bear much fruit." Let us stay close to Jesus, the true vine, and we the branches will truly bear great fruit in abundance.
As we see the devastation of the severe weather and the tornadoes here in the midwest, let us pray for all of our brothers and sisters affected by this tragedy. We pray that they will stay close to the vine and allow the Lord to give them comfort and peace. Blessings to you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment