Monday, May 16, 2011

Graduation time!

Congratulations to all of our graduates who have or who are graduating from eighth grade, high school, and college. I put down 8th Grade because that will take place this evening at the Catholic School under my care. Whenever graduation time rolls around I always reflect back on my educational years and the graduations I experienced. I graduated from 8th grade in 1985, high school in 1989, college in 1993, and theology in 1997. The theme is always the same, "transitions in life." As I told our graduates in my area over the weekend, "As one door closes, another opens." There are many opportunities and periods of growth that happen when another door opens for us. We also have to be mindful that some doors will get closed or maybe even slammed in our face, but do not lose heart, never give up. In fact, there is one door that is constant in our lives, that always remains open, and that is the door to Christ. I fondly remember Blessed John Paul II saying, "Open wide the doors to Christ." That was the theme for the Jubilee Year of 2000 as we prepared to enter the new millennium. Our Lord promises to be with us until the end of time. In good times, bad times, all times, we are invited to come to Christ and receive the grace and strength that he offers. Jesus will not let us down. He will always welcome us. That is the same gesture that we are to imitate, welcome one another as Christ welcomes us. Life is about transition, not just for our graduates, but for all of us. To make it through these times we have the blessed hope that our Lord walks with us, as well as our family and friends that God has blessed us with. Do not be afraid my friends, open wide the doors to Christ, and allow the Good Shepherd to lead you always! Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment