Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Special Occasion!

Later today, I will be heading to our annual priest retreat for several days. It is a good time for our priests to get together and spend time in fellowship and prayer. Please pray for us as we begin these few days together.
This day is also a special day for me! May 31st is the Feast of the Visitation, calling to mind our Blessed Mother's journey to be with her cousin Elizabeth. It was also on this day, 14 years ago, that I was ordained a priest. I thank God for this day and the gift of the priesthood. It is by God's grace that I am able to do what I do. I know as a human being that I have shortcomings, faults, and failings. One of the things that I did on Holy Thursday night during my homily at the Mass of the Lord's Supper was to ask my people for their forgiveness. I may have said things or done something that may have been hurtful and I always want people to know that I am sorry, but that I try to do what I can with God's help and grace. I want to thank the people that I have worked with, served, and met over these last 14 years. I ask that you keep me in your prayers as I begin serving another year as a priest and rejoice with me as I celebrate this special occasion!!! God Bless You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment