Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blessing of Throats!!!

I know I am a late in getting this blog out, but this is a blessing that will take place over several days. February 3 is the Memorial of Saint Blaise, the patron of throat ailments. I blessed throats today and then will do it again over the weekend for our parishioners. It will soon be 30 years ago that I went from the public school system to Catholic Schools. I mention that because I never experienced the celebration of Saint Blaise until I went to the Catholic School. I remember we went over to the church for an afternoon prayer service and blessing of throats. At the time I had no idea how it worked. I thought the candles were lit and placed close to our throats. Needless to say, I was wrong about the candles being lit but it was a powerful experience to feel those candles under my throat and that blessing being proclaimed. The blessing truly helped, my throat felt clear and trusted that Saint Blaise had interceded for any throat ailment that I had. I enjoy this memorial and giving the blessing of throats to people. If you have the opportunity to receive this blessing, I highly recommend it. God Bless You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment