Monday, September 2, 2013

A Blessed Labor Day!

This is the last official holiday of the summer.  On Labor Day we thank all workers for their service.  We pray for those who are seeking employment.  May God bless us all and bless our work that we continue to do.  It has been announced that Pope Francis will lead a global day of prayer for peace on September 7!  There is so much that we need to pray for as this day and this week dawns.  A post that I recently read said that we need to make our communication with God a top priority on a daily basis.  Last week's visit to Saint Meinrad renewed in me that call to prayer.  Watching the monks as they pray several times a day again made me realize how important prayer is.  I am proud to be a Benedictine Oblate so I need to renew my prayer life.  Prayer also takes work, so let us make the most of this beautiful gift that God has given to us!  Thank God for this day and may we be blessed as we continue to do our part to build up the kingdom of God in our midst!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment