Thursday, July 11, 2013

Saint Benedict

One of my favorite saints is celebrated on July 11, Saint Benedict! My thoughts and prayers are with those men and women who live the Benedictine Rule and way of life in the world. I am blessed and thankful to have been trained by the Benedictine Monks in the seminary. I have strived to live the Benedictine spirituality and I am an oblate, associated with Saint Meinrad Archabbey in Indiana! The Entrance Antiphon for Mass puts this memorial into perspective: "There was a man of venerable life, Benedict, blessed by grace and by name, who, leaving home and patrimony and desiring to please God alone, sought out the habit of holy living." Our journey of life and faith is to please God and Him alone. That is why I always go back to the image of the gate at the Trappist Monastery in Kentucky where the words, "God Alone" are etched in stone. As we grow in our relationship with God, we need to grow in holiness. Each one of us has a universal call to holiness. We pray that Saint Benedict will intercede for us! May we always please God alone and live a holy way of life!!! Saint Benedict, Pray for Us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment