Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Voice of God!

The caption for the prophet Jeremiah says today, "This is the nation that will not listen to the voice of the Lord God." The prophet goes on to say what the Lord said, "This is what I commanded my people: Listen to my voice; then I will be your God and you shall be my people. Walk in all the ways that I command you, so that you may prosper" (Jeremiah 7:23-28). The Psalmist picks up on this in Psalm 95: "If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts." How true all of this is. The voice of the Lord is always speaking to us. We can listen to His voice in Sacred Scripture, in prayer, and in the voices of others. I remember being at a vocation event some years ago and one of the priests that was speaking said this, "I do not believe there is a shortage of vocations, but a shortage of listeners." That makes sense because if God is calling us to a respective vocation, we need to listen and discern His voice. The same is true in all aspects of life, God is calling out to us, He is speaking to us, but, are we listening? That is the key and we know that listening is an acquired discipline. Let us pray for the grace to hear with our physical ears, as well as the ears of faith, because the voice of God is speaking to us! God Bless You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment