Friday, September 7, 2012

Take a Pilgrimage

If you look around the country there are many hidden treasures of our Catholic Faith. One treasure in particular are the various shrines that have been built to show how much our Catholic Faith means to us and to others. I have been to several shrines here in the midwest and September 6 was another great opportunity to visit a shrine that I had never been to. Two friends and I traveled to the Holy Family Shrine in Nebraska. The shrine is located between Omaha and Lincoln, right off of I-80 at Exit 432. The shrine sits on a hillside and there is a magnificent crucifix that overlooks the valley. It is truly a peaceful, restful place. When I was looking at the website, www.hfsgretna.org, what caught my attention in the opening paragraph about the shrine is that it is a place of comfort, peace, and healing. I thought those are great gifts to have, especially after losing a loved one, so I encouraged my friends to go with me and we were not disappointed. As the poster for Holy Family Shrine reads, "Make a Pilgrimage to celebrate your faith." That is what we did and it truly made a difference in our lives. I would encourage you to take a pilgrimage to a shrine or grotto and experience the hidden treasures and the beauty of our Catholic Faith. When we make that pilgrimage we truly celebrate our faith and both our lives and our faith will be touched in a beautiful and special way!!! God Bless You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment