Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Retreat Time!

As I write to everyone, I am sitting in the lobby of the Spiritual Life Center in Wichita, Kansas. The priests of the Diocese of Salina are presently on retreat! Father Noah Casey, a priest of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis is our retreat director! On a personal note, I know Fr. Noah because when I was in the college seminary at Saint Meinrad, Fr. Noah was a Benedictine monk and he taught me religion. It is great to see him and he called me by name right at the beginning of our retreat, so even after all these years, it is nice to be remembered. The focus for our retreat is the Eucharist and Lectio Divina, a prayerful reading of Sacred Scripture. I will mention more on Lectio in a future blog but right now, I ask for your prayers as we continue this time of retreat. It is a wonderful time to gather as brother priests, pray, and relax! Please know that I am remembering you in my prayers! God Bless You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment