Saturday, June 9, 2012

Corpus Christi Sunday

This weekend we celebrate the beautiful solemnity of Corpus Christi, the Body and Blood of Christ! The key component to this feast is the Eucharist. As Catholics, we believe that when we approach the altar to receive Holy Communion, we are truly receiving the Body and Blood of Christ. This is the Real Presence of Jesus Christ: Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity. For me, this is a beautiful feast as I continue to observe my 15th year of priestly ordination. It is also special to me this year because it will soon be a year ago that God answered my prayer in a way that I would not have expected. I was praying for a renewal of mind and heart and I got my answer when I got knocked off the bike I was riding. While I was on the mend, I missed the Feast of Corpus Christi, so I am truly thankful as I celebrate Mass this weekend. Eucharist means Thanksgiving, so let us be thankful for for the gifts that God gives to us, especially the gift of His Son and his Body and Blood that we receive each week! Have a blessed weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment