Saturday, December 10, 2011

Third Sunday of Advent

"Gaudete Sunday!" Rejoice in the Lord always!!! That is our call on this Third Sunday of Advent as we have come to our half way point in this Advent Time. With Christmas being on a Sunday this year, we can say that we have completed two weeks in Advent and have two weeks to go. So, how is your Advent going? This is a good time to re-evaluate what we have or have not done in our journey through Advent. As I said two weeks ago, what Christmas gift do you want to give yourself when Advent concludes? Of course, this gift has nothing to do with material items, but it is personal and spiritual. This gift has to be something that we need in our lives and our faith. I know I still need to be working on that gift for myself and that is what I come up with as I evaluate my Advent Time thus far. Perhaps I need to take the words of Saint Paul this weekend to heart, "Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus" (I Thes. 5:16-24). Yes, rejoice in the Lord at all times and pray without ceasing. Prayer is the gift that will help us wrap up the gift that we need for our Christmas celebration. We need to use the gift of prayer at all times and do not be afraid to ask, to seek, and to knock. The Lord is always there to answer our prayer and in doing so we need to rejoice and be thankful. Let us rejoice and be glad on this Third Sunday of Advent and let us continue the work that needs to be done in our lives and in living our faith! Have a blessed and joy-filled weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment