Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Unforgettable Advent!

I use this title because I am reminded of the phrase once again, "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." I had plans for making this a meaningful Advent, but I can say that it will be a memorable one. It was a little over a month ago that my mom had her annual test that revealed that she needed colon surgery because an area had gotten worse from a year ago. It will soon be a week ago that she had her surgery and on Tuesday she was able to leave the hospital and now she is in a swing bed to get her strength back. The surgery was done in Kansas City. Before Advent and since Advent began, quite a few trips have been made to Kansas City, but I will say drive time makes for good prayer time. Maybe I had visions of prayer time in church or my private chapel, but God had other plans, and that always works too because it shows that God is in control and He knows what is best for us. I know this is an Advent that my family won't forget and it shows to always be prepared for the unexpected and that is what Advent is about, being prepared and ready for the coming of the Lord. As I have said with our key word for this Advent, "We live in HOPE." Let us continue to make the most of this Advent Season as we get closer to the glorious Solmenity of Christmas. God Bless You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment