Monday, December 20, 2010

A Clean Bill!

I have just returned from taking my mother to Kansas City for a follow up visit with the surgeon who did her colon surgery. Everything looks good and he gave mom a clean bill of health. Great news is that the part of the colon of that was removed, a little over a foot, had some areas of concern, but none were malignant. After her surgery however, she had trouble with her heart and oxygen level, so they are still working on that. Thankfully, everything else has checked out and she has returned home to be with my dad who stayed there and was by himself for almost two weeks. Christmas has come early in the form of good news and that life for our family is getting back to normal. In the midst of all that has transpired over the last few weeks with my family, I ask myself, "What happened to Advent?" We are in the fourth week and hopefully we will make the most of these final days as we prepare for the Solemnity of Christmas. Peace to you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment