Friday, January 25, 2013

Life-Long Conversion!!!

Conversion is a life-long process!!! That is a statement I remember from my foundational theology course in the seminary. Of course, it is more than a statement, it is a way of life. We are always learning and growing in the ways of faith, holiness, and prayer. The Conversion of Saint Paul is a great feast to highlight conversion and the role it has in our daily lives. For myself, I have had two conversion stories, one in the seminary and one as a priest. I know in each situation that God had a message for me. It is a message that continues to unfold, but the main purpose is that, God had to give me a tap or a shove to show how much He loves me. Saint Paul had that experience on the road to Damascus as Saul of Tarsus. He was on his way to continue to persecution of Christians but the risen Lord had another plan. Jesus intervened and Saul, who became Paul, is one of the great evangelizers in Church history. Our Lord has a way of proving his point and getting the people to continue the mission of the Church and proclaim the Good News. Many people can talk about how God has worked in their lives in a special way, maybe through a conversion. It shows that God is always at work and if we allow Him, He can work in our lives in a special way. Saint Paul, Pray for Us!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment