Thursday, November 22, 2012

THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS!!!!

A Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!!!!! I am thankful for those who take the time to read the blog!!! I know at times it is not always daily but I thank you for your patience and understanding. These are tools that we can use to boost the New Evangelization that is being called for during this Year of Faith!!! May we do all that we can for the glory of God. I want to share with you the Pastor's Message that I wrote for our bulletin in preparation for this celebration of Thanksgiving. "I will thank you, Lord, with all my heart, for you have heard the words of my mouth" (Psalm 138:1). This passage from Scripture comes from the Communion Antiphon for the Mass of Thanksgiving Day. Like many passages that speak about giving thanks, it truly says it all. We thank God for our many gifts and blessings from our heart, but ultimately, from our whole being. Thanksgiving Day is upon us once again, but everyday of our lives is a day to give thanks. Our thanksgiving to God cannot be confined to one day, but everyday. In a special way, as we gather around the family table on Thanksgiving Day, let us be thankful for what God has blessed us with. If you can, and hopefully you were able to do so, begin your time of thanksgiving around the table of the Lord at Mass. Eucharist means "Thanksgiving" and that is what we do every time we gather around the Lord's table. If you are traveling, please be safe. Have a blessed and joyous Thanksgiving!!!! God Bless, Dear Friends- Fr. David

No comments:

Post a Comment