Tuesday, November 20, 2012

"Let Go, Let God"!!!

The phrase or way of life, "Let Go, Let God," came from the book, "The Gift of Peace," written by the late Cardinal Joseph Bernadin of Chicago. This is a way of life because we cannot hold on to our worries, our fears, our anxieties. Instead, we need to place our complete faith and trust in God and that is a challenge. I thought of that phrase when I saw the following scripture passage, "So do not worry and say, 'What are we to eat?' or 'What are we to drink?' or 'What are we to wear?'" (Mt 6:31). From that passage, the commentator writes, "God did not create the world only to abandon it to its own devices. He cares day by day for all that he has made, though we do not always recognize his hand at work" (Magnificat, 281). Even Saint Padre Pio exhorts us, "Pray, hope and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful adn will hear your prayer." I know these are messages that I need to listen to in my own life because I have a tendency to worry, which I am sure is common for most people. We need to realize that we are not in control, God is and everything goes according to His will. That is why we need to trust and have faith. May these messages become a way of life for us because God is always with us and we can see the work of His hand everyday of our lives!!! God Bless You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment