Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Visitation of Mary

It has been a few days since I last wrote one of my daily blogs. I am still on vacation but it will soon end on this feast of Mary as I return to my parishes. These have been good days of rest and relaxation. In the midst of these days I celebrated my birthday on the 27th, which also happened to be Pentecost Sunday, the birthday of the Church. Now, as the Church celebrates the Visitation of Mary, I also mark another important milestone as a priest. The Feast of the Visitation marks my 15th Anniversary as a priest. I have always had a special devotion to our Blessed Mother, so when it came time for me to pick an ordination date back in1997, I chose this feast. Thankfully, the date was open on the bishop's calendar and it just so happened to be on a Saturday. I thank God everyday for calling me to be a priest and it has been a joy and blessing to serve His people. Some time ago, I was preaching on the priesthood and I told the people if they were to ask me what I needed I would say two things: I ask your forgiveness because I am a sinner in need of God's mercy and forgiveness. I have faults, failings, and shortcomings. I always hope that people can forgive me for decisions that I have made as a priest and pastor. For times that I have not been nice on the phone or any other cordial setting. So, I can always use forgiveness. Secondly, I need prayers. Please pray for me and for my ministry as a priest. There have been challenges, struggles, blessings, and rewards these past 15 years and I am truly grateful to God for calling me to this beautiful vocation. As I mark this Anniversary of Ordination, I ask for God's continued blessing and the intercession of our Blessed Mother. Thank you for your prayers. May God Bless You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment