Monday, September 5, 2011

Call To Change!!!

In light of our readings from this past weekend, there is a message that needs to be proclaimed and that is the message of "change!" The prophet Ezekiel was appointed to be the watchman for the house of Israel, Ezekiel 33:7-9. The point of this reading is that prophets should not be afraid to confront people on their faults and help them to change the way they are living. The Lord God said, "If I tell the wicked, 'O wicked one, you shall surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade the wicked from his way, the wicked shall die for his guilt, but I will hold you responsible for his death." That sounds pretty strong! I remember as I was discerning my call to the priesthood my dad would tell me, "Remember, God will judge you much closer than me because of the souls entrusted to your care." I think about that because like the prophets, priests are entrusted with a great responsibility and we need to lead and guide our people to Heaven. One commentary even states, "Prophets of all times and places have delivered the same core message: 'Change the way you live while there is still time'" (Saint Anthony Press). I can add my own experience with this because when I had my accident back in June I know God was sending me a message and maybe others as well. We do not know the day nor the hour so we always need to be ready and prepared. Listen to the voices of the prophets who have come before and those in our midst today. We all want to get to Heaven and we need to do what we can to help people in their journey of life and faith. The voice of God is always speaking to us so let us say with the psalmist, "If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts!" Let us listen to the voice of God and make those necessary changes in our life, not later, but now! Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment