Saturday, June 25, 2011

Renewed Effort!

The daily with Fr. David has not been very daily in recent days or at least a week. One of my favorite hobbies is bike riding. It is a good way to relieve some stress and get out and see the different sites. However a week ago Thursday, everything changed in a dramatic way. A few days before that, on my day off, I rode about 30 miles. Did some other activities on Tuesday and Wednesday, but Thursday evening was a different story. I may have made it 2 miles before a medical problem hit that caused me to lose consciousness and go down on the bike. I was out maybe 10 or 15 minutes at the most. I did come to, spent the night in our local hospital, and when it was discovered that I had a bleeder on the brain, in a common area for aneurysms, I was transferred to a hospital in Kansas City. I spent 5 days there going through neurological and cardiac tests. Everything came out clean and the cardiologists believe it may have been a blood pressure event. I have had high blood pressure since I was 15 and have been on medicine for years. I made it back home with a few scraps, a lot of bruises, post concussion syndrome, and a 30 day heart monitor. There is a message in all of this and I believe that God and I will know what it is. I had been praying for a renewed effort and I believe that is what I got, just not the way I expected, but prayers are never answered that way. I appreciate the care that I received from the doctors and nurses. I am truly blessed and appreciative of the prayers and best wishes I received from family, friends, and parishioners. This weekend is the Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ! Let us be renewed in our love for the Eucharist and receive the Body and Blood of our Lord with reverence and devotion. Thank you to my readers for your patience! Have a blessed weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment