Thursday, June 9, 2011

Main Theme: Prayer

We continue with the prayer of Jesus in John's Gospel, 17:20-26. There is one truth that we can take from these last three days, Jesus is praying for us. He is praying for his disciples that their resolve will remain strong and that prayer is spoken to us as well. Jesus prays today, "I pray not only for these, but also for those who will believe in my through their word, so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me." Our Lord is praying that we will believe in him and that we may all be one. That prayer for unity continues in our present day. We pray that we may all be one flock, under one shepherd. Jesus Christ is the Good Shepherd and he wants us to have faith, believe, and follow him. Let us make Jesus' prayer our own as we continue to grow in faith and live the mission entrusted to us. Peace to you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment