Monday, March 14, 2011

Questions for Life???

Our gospel today, Matthew 25:31-46, gives us some food for thought. It also asks us to put our faith into action. Like the Son of Man says, "I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me." He goes on to say, "Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me." These are the questions that we need to ask in life! Have I lived the commandments of love that Jesus gave to us, love of God and love of neighbor? Have I seen the face of Christ in my brothers and sisters? Have I treated my brothers and sisters with love, mercy, and compassion? These are good questions to reflect on in our time of prayer. Most of all, these are questions that need action. We are called to live our faith, to practice what we preach. Lent is about taking something on, to help us grow in our faith and holiness. Perhaps we can see where God will lead us in our prayer and be open to the opportunities that come our way as we see the person of Christ in our brothers and sisters! Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment