Thursday, January 27, 2011

Saint Angela Merici

This has been a special memorial for me to celebrate because of the religious order that Saint Angela Merici founded. Saint Angela founded the Order of Ursulines, following the charism of Saint Ursula. This Order was founded for the education of girls and for the missions. Education is an important ministry for the Ursuline Sisters. During my late grade school years and all of junior high, I had Ursuline Sisters at the Catholic Grade School that I attended. I am grateful for the leadership of the Ursuline Sisters and those who taught me. I also think about those years as we prepare to observe Catholic Schools Week next week. As the opening prayer for Mass noted: "Lord, may Saint Angela commend us to your mercy; may her charity and wisdom help us to be faithful to your teaching and to follow it in our lives." May this be our prayer today and everyday. Saint Angela Merici, intercede for us. Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment