Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Taking Care of Parents!

Thank God for the gift of parents. They are the ones who bring you into the world- care for you, love you, nurture you, and so many other gifts and qualities. It is tough to see your parents as they age and get hit with different infirmities. In my bio, I tell people that I am an only child, which was not easy growing up, but as you get older, you get used to it, and of course God does His part by bringing other people into our lives to love, care, guide, and support us. Still, you have to do your part to help your parents. As one person told me recently, we end up "parenting our parents." My dad has dealt with alzheimer's for the last few years and thankfully can still function and live at home. My mom has dealt with ulcerative colitis for over 20 years and there have been no major flare ups until now. She will be facing surgery in the next couple of weeks to remove a bad section from the colon. I ask you to keep my folks in your prayers! It is also a good reminder for us to take care of ourselves. We have people in the medical profession to help us and provide what is necessary to stay healthy and well. Each day is thanksgiving as we thank God for the gifts that He has given to us. Let us always take care of the gifts we have received and use them for the glory of God! Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment