Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday

The Church has begun the holy season of Lent!!!! We know from the gospels that the qualities of Lent are Prayer, Fasting, and Almsgiving. These are to be done in secret so that we receive recompense from our Heavenly Father. This is a great time for us to examine our lives and our consciences to see what we need to be forgiven of and how we can be better Catholics, Christians, and Disciples. My personal theme for this season is, "Let Go, Let God." I have always loved that phrase and I think it speaks of me very well. I tend to get in the way and not let God do His job. I always need that friendly reminder that when I get in the way, I need to move over and let God work. My hope and prayer is that by doing this, I can make this a meaningful Lent but it will give me reinforcement as we move from the Lenten Season. The fruit that we bear during this season does not end when Lent is over, but it must continue to grow to the fullest. May God bless you and our journey during this wonderful Lenten Time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment