Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sacred Heart

There are two saints that can be celebrated today: Saint Hedwig and Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque. Of course, I was wondering which one to celebrate at Mass and then it came to me. On Tuesdays I celebrate Mass at my mission parish in Greenleaf, Kansas which is under the patronage of the Sacred Heart! Thus I will use the Mass for Saint Margaret Mary because she is the saint who promoted devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. She also promoted the First Friday devotion! Looking at the statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus we know how much God truly loves us! The heart of Our Lord radiates the love that God has for us and we are called to share that love with one another! May we grow in our devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and may Saint Margaret Mary intercede for us that we may bring God's love to all peoples! Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment