Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Good Cause

This morning I had the opportunity to offer the closing prayer at the Washington County, Kansas Relay for Life. The Relay for Life started Friday evening at 7:00 with the Opening Ceremony and then quite a few people stayed during the night to walk around the track. The Closing Ceremony started shortly after 6:00 this morning. The prayer that I offered was from the heart. It thanked God for bringing the participants safely through the night to the blessing of this new day. I asked God to be with those who are fighting cancer and those who care for them. I prayed that God would guide researchers to find a cure for all forms of cancer. The conclusion was that we would all be mindful of God's many blessings in our lives. Following the closing ceremony I helped with the clean up of the grounds. Even though it was a short time with those involved, it was a good cause. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment